The human body does have a natural ability to heal itself, given the right circumstances.
This healing process often happens when we sleep, as the body is not busy carrying out other functions and activities which we engage in during the day. It is during sleep that cells are regenerated and tissues are restored. It is an essential process in keeping our bodies functioning as they are programmed to do.
The other major factor affecting healing is when we are under stress. Stress is part of everyday life; however, chronic stress is harmful as it interferes with the body’s natural processes. It can lead to many different health complications and diseases.
When we don’t get enough sleep, or when we are suffering from high stress levels, the body’s healing ability is significantly impaired.
Sufficient sleep and manageable stress levels are vitally important if the body is to get enough relaxation to continually repair and restore cells and tissues.
How does Reflexology help with healing?
- With reflexology, the body’s reflexes are stimulated, sedated or balanced, inducing a state of relaxation for the whole body.
- When you are fully relaxed, the Reflexologist is able to recognise more easily any areas of disorder and to identify where imbalances are located in the body.
- And when the body is in a state of deep relaxation, it becomes more responsive to healing.
- The body is able to implement the repair process without the barrier of stress and tension.
- Reflexology connects healing energy from the hands of the reflexologist to the sources of imbalance in the body, initiating the body's own ability to heal itself.
- Energy is created during the treatment, and I balance this energy with your body’s own energy to bring all parts of your body into harmony.